Services for Academics
Evaluation of your work will include highlighting issues such as:
- inconsistent formatting
- lack of clarity in your writing
- repetition within the text
- poor flow in text.
To enquire about evaluation of a thesis or dissertation, just drop us a line at email@example.com
The aim of a copy-edit is to ensure that whatever appears in public is accurate and easy to follow. Once the copy-edit has been completed the text will be free of error, inconsistency and repetition. This process picks up mistakes, ambiguities and anomalies, and alerts you to possible legal problems.
A copy-edit consists of:
- correcting grammar and spelling
- standardising capitalisation, punctuation, style and syntax for consistency and flow.
It does not consist of rewriting or changing the text in any substantive way.
To enquire about copy-editing a thesis or dissertation, just drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Proofreading is a quality check and a tidy-up of your work for presentation. A proofreader looks for consistency in usage and presentation, and accuracy in text, images and layout, but cannot be responsible for the author or copy-editor’s work. A proofread will include a check for:
- spelling errors
- incorrect grammar
- typographical errors
- inconsistencies in language and syntax
- inconsistencies in style.
To enquire about proofreading a thesis or dissertation, just drop us a line at email@example.com
Please note: according to ethical guidelines for editing theses and dissertations, I cannot provide the following services:
- advice on structure
- reformatting and layout
- relabelling of figures, diagrams or illustrations
- compiling reference lists or bibliographies
- development of ideas or content
- checking calculations or formulae
- correcting information